Tascam DM3200 and IF-FW/DM firewire card?

Jeffery 6feet4

I recieved my Tascam DM 3200 in good order.

I also purchased a IF-FW/DM FireWire Interface Card.

My aim is to use the DM3200 as an Audio interface with my PC. Via the firewire card.

Has anyone been able to use the IF-FW/DM FireWire Interface Card with the Tascam DM3200?

Please let me know.

Jeffery

Hi there,

I also have the same items, and no, the card will not work until the awaited update to the firmware (currently v1.1 - I think it'll be v1.2). Tascam are overdue with the release, should have come out a week ago. I was told they are in the final 'debugging' process..? Till then the card will not work at all with the DM3200.

Other stuff on the DM3200 doesn't work until this firmware update, e.g. MIDI CCs (you'll notice this screen under 'MIDI'.

Tascam have been pretty frustrating over this, but I believe the wait will be worth it.

Cheers.

Just been contacted by Tascam, saying they can't supply me just with a firmware upgrade as it will 'fry the card'!!! They are instead arranging the collection and replacement of the card with one they have pre-installed new firmware onto (not the v1.2 software for the DM itself). I guess this is going to have to happen with you if you've already got the card and a DM3200. I asked about other customers, and they said words to the effect of, 'they're all very special, and they will all be contacted'... I would contact Tascam directly...

Good luck.

Back