Thread: Tascam DA38 to Mackie Pro16v3 &12 Prov2

Thanks

Tascam DA38 to Mackie Pro16v3 &12 Prov2

Sign in to disable this ad
    Just wondering what kind of adapters I can use to hook up both of these mixers or one of them to the Tascam da-38 , I have several recording options with different machines but this Tascam is an excellent condition and when I'm able to move my band around I want to be able to use all the recording atmospheres as backup.
    Last edited by ProLeadGuitar65; 1 Week Ago at 15:21. Reason: One of the mixers is listed wrong

Thanks
    In order to use a DA38 with all of it's channels you need a 8 buss mixer and those Mackie products are not that. If my memory is correct from working with like products in the past in radio they are stereo or 2 channel devices only and so two mixers will only get you half of the inputs to a DA38 which I might ad is a 8mm format that has no parts available so what you put on those tapes can be locked on there for good when the machine goes dead. You would be much better off with a Tascam 8 channel reel as there are lots of those still working around. There is little chance to fix 8mm or DAT tape decks when heads go bad. They are all helical scan drum devices.
    Best regards,
    Skywave Tape Deck Repair, Chicago area

Thanks
    Well I hate to say it but I bought it from a guy that I trust all his work that da38 is in immaculate condition it works like brand new and I already bought it so it's not much I can do about it now but I want to know is can I hook it up to my computer then with the right interface I'm pretty sure I can I'm wondering if a moto 828 firewall audio interface would work let me know ? thanks.

Thanks
    Well I hate to say it but I bought it from a guy that I trust all his work that da38 is in immaculate condition it works like brand new and I already bought it so it's not much I can do about it now but I want to know is can I hook it up to my computer then with the right interface I'm pretty sure I can I'm wondering if a moto 828 firewall audio interface would work let me know ? thanks.

Thread Information