Tascam 488 - need manual!

snakybus

I just bought a second-hand Tascam 488, and the guy who sold it to me didn't have the manual. As I have had only brief experience with a 4-track a few years ago, I am in dire need of one. I tried the Tascam web-site, but they haven't as yet replied, and anyway I've heard that it's not available. Does anyone have a manual? Or can anyone help me in any way at all? I am like a lone traveller lost in a forest of twiddly knobs and bad analogies.

i just got a manual for my 488 mkII from tascam...it was $23, i think. make sure you ask them if they have the manual IN STOCK before you send cash.

OR...i could send you my original tascam 488 (not the mkII, mind you) manual that i got with my mkII...i don't know how i ended up with this manual...the music-go-round i got it from included it with my purchase. obviously, i have no use for it...so email me, if you want.

dametonybennett@hotmail.com

tony

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by snakybus:
I just bought a second-hand Tascam 488, and the guy who sold it to me didn't have the manual. As I have had only brief experience with a 4-track a few years ago, I am in dire need of one. I tried the Tascam web-site, but they haven't as yet replied, and anyway I've heard that it's not available. Does anyone have a manual? Or can anyone help me in any way at all? I am like a lone traveller lost in a forest of twiddly knobs and bad analogies.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by TonyB (edited 06-27-2000).]

How are ya ? I was able to download my manual for my DA-P1 from tascam.com for free. Did they not have yours available with that option ?

[This message has been edited by T.J.Hooker (edited 06-28-2000).]

Yah ? I just looked all they have is the Faxback that sucks.How many times have you E-mailed them telling them to get on the stick.

Yup, you're right. Why would they advertise a discontinued item?! Did the unit come with an actual manual with descriptions, examples, etc.?

I don't think it's been discontinued for too long. I just recieved the latest American Musical supply Catalogue in the mail yesterday and they have them in there for $879.96. Maybe the Manual is too big to offer in a PDF. That would be a big change, usaully their thin and uninformative just like my boss. :D

I'm thinking about getting a used 488 and I went to tascam.com to make sure they have manuals and they do! It's in PDF format (Acrobat Reader) and is available for free. I didn't try to load it, but it's listed among others, so there :)

That's not a Manual though, it's just a brochure or catalogue ad telling you all the features it has, and how good it is, and how it can change your life from hell to tascam heaven. You should have tried to load it . It only takes about 10-20 seconds. :p

Thanks everyone for the informative replies. I actually had downloaded the faxback brochure thing from the Tascam web site and it's not much use. I'll soldier on bravely!

Back