Tascam 488? Equipment needed to get started

TrapperJon

I just got my hands on a Tascam 488, I'm on kinda a limited budget, and am curious as to what other equipment I need to get started recording my own stuff, I have Microphones and all sorts of instruments. I was wonering about monitors? Amplifiers? and such. also, I did not come with a users manual? Can anyone supply me with one? Or the information an where to get one?

Thanks
TrapperJon
Fort Saskatchewan Alberta Canada

hi, trapperjon;
I, too, have a 488 and I love it! I would suggest you get a stereo amp for your mix-down and to monitor your playback. I bought a Kenwood AM/FM receiver for $2 at a garage sale, so I'd suggest you try that, since it works great. As for speakers for listening to your play back I'd suggest, again, a garage sale (or try the local Goodwill or Salvation Army thrift stores). I will try to make a copy of my manual, but it may be a couple of weeks until you get it, as I'm going on vacation at the end of this week. Please e-mail me your snail mail address and I'll see what I can do to expedite it, okay? I hope this has been of help to you.

chipper

Chipper, Thanks a million, you have been a GREAT help!!!

It's much appreciated
Let me know what I owe you for the manual
and have a great vacation

My Home Address is:
Ken McEachern
#41 9710 89a street
Fort Saskatchewan
Alberta Canada
T8L 1J7

Tascam 488 manual. Go to the tascam website http://www.tascam.com . Select "products" then "portastudios". From there go to the 424 MkIII section. Download the manual. I think you'll find it's the same as the 488, just not as many channels. I guess that's why Tascam didn't have a 488 manual online. My son has a 424 MkII and the 424 MkIII is close enough to use. Be prepared - it's a large download.

Back