Tascam 16x8 records on all channels the mic input on channel 1 !!??

nicoroxlm

Up to date drivers firmware and latest reaper version
With enabled inputs first 1 in 1 last 8 in 8
channel 1 shows a check mark in channel one in mono the remaining channels present without a check mark
channel 2 shows a check mark in channel one in mono the remaining " " " " " "
channel 3 shows a check mark in channel one in mono also same as above
and so forth
BUT RECORDS THE MIC INPUT OF CHANNEL ONE IN ALL 8 CHANNELS !!!??
With enabled inputs first 2 in 2 last 8 in 8
Channel 1 shows a check on channel 2 no check on the remaining 8 but channel 1 does not appear
channel 2 shows a check on channel 2 no check on the remaining 8 and channel one does not appear
similar for the remaining 3 thru 8 channels
BUT RECORDS THE MIC INPUT OF CHANNEL 2 IN ALL 8 CHANNELS INCLUDING CHANNEL 1
This same pattern continues for enabling beginning with channel 3 and so forth to channel 8

What else to try seems a software issue??

I'll make the assumption that you have the mixer software installed and it is in interface mode, and that the mixer page shows analog 1-16.

Are you properly setting the input for each channel in Reaper? You need to set the input for the channel you want to record. If you simply inserted 8 channels, and tried to set the input, it's possible all the channels were active when you set the record input (it happened to me).

Make sure you select each channel individually and assign the input to the corresponding input of the Tascam.

Attachments

• Reaper input selection.jpg
    Reaper input selection.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1
I'll make the assumption that you have the mixer software installed and it is in interface mode, and that the mixer page shows analog 1-16.

Are you properly setting the input for each channel in Reaper? You need to set the input for the channel you want to record. If you simply inserted 8 channels, and tried to set the input, it's possible all the channels were active when you set the record input (it happened to me).

Make sure you select each channel individually and assign the input to the corresponding input of the Tascam.

Yep that was the problem I needed to assign each channel into reaper for them to be separated and recognized. I just had downloaded and started using reaper. Interesting that the firmware listed in the initial setting panel persists being version 1 when I have downloaded firmware version 2 twice.

Really apreciate your advice you solved the problem...Thanks

Excellent! I hope we hear some of your recordings in the future.

RE: the firmware settings, Sorry I can't help you with that one. My 16x08 came with v2 firmware. Does it go through the whole process for the update? Have you posted on the Tascam forum to see if others have had the same issue?

Back