tascam 144 stopped working??

hithere5

I updated windows 7 the other day and now i cannot record using my AT 2020 plugged into my tascam 144.

I have used this for years with audacity with no problems and now it stopped working all together. Not registering any sound in audacity. I have not made any changes to audacity, or tascam. switching to webcam mic and audacity works as it should.

tascam drivers and firmware are up to date. audacity is up to date. I am seeing signal input (green light) on the tascam when i speak into the mic. phantom power is on.

Any help as to why this has happened and how i can fix?

thanks

This sounds like a driver (possibly ASIO) problem. When you say you updated Windows, do you mean you upgraded to Windows 7 from XP or Vista, or did you simply do a Windows Update on an existing Windows 7 installation?

Hi dude,

i did a simple windows update on my existing windows 7 installation. I'm thinking it is a driver issue but the drivers are up to date as well as the firmware.

Hi dude,

i did a simple windows update on my existing windows 7 installation. I'm thinking it is a driver issue but the drivers are up to date as well as the firmware.

The update might have corrupted some registry entries, so that's why I recommended a driver re-install.

Back