Syncing Midi Keyboard to DP-24

michaelzapin

I have some songs on my Yamaha Motif ES and I thought it was as easy as just plugging 2 quarter inch jacks from the Motif out into the DP 24- I was going to "solo" the track I was recording from the ES and do that process for each part I recorded on the ES. But a practical issue of the ES not being entirely in sync with the DP24 came up. At some point the metronomes start to go off, because I'm trying to do this manually instead of automatically. I also have drum parts that I also want to record into the DP-24. So I'm figuring I need to sync the ES to the DP24 with a midi cable. Can anyone point this beginner to some good sources or guidance for the proper hookup? Thanks.

I have some songs on my Yamaha ES... So I'm figuring I need to sync the ES to the DP24 with a midi cable.

Well I have a Korg TRITON EXTREME and the DP24 works perfectly in the way you want...OS on KORGS are all I'm familiar with, but MIDI is still MIDI....

Midi out to Midi in...2 cables....Match up your sequencer BPM in ES to DP24 through Metronome once you create song...must match...

CLICK MIDI on MENU for DP24....I set up like this

MMC

MODE...............OFF
Device ID.........ALL

REMOTE CONTROL

MODE...............MASTER
PROGRAM CHANGE EFF....OFF
CONTROL CHANGE...........OFF

SYNC
GENERATOR".................CLOCK

Now you will need to set your keyboard to receive commands from the DP24...I'm gonna guess its in UTILITY, but not sure.....

Find MIDI and you want to click on something along the lines of EXTERNAL MIDI.....now when you start DP24 your whole sequence should start in time...you can add to sequence as well, at least I can on TRITON EXTREME....you will need to MUTE tracks and load in one by one on the DP24....

This should get u in the ballpark....Good luck

Last edited:
Well I have a Korg TRITO EXTREME and the DP24 works perfectly in the way you want...OS on KORGS are all I'm familiar with, but MIDI is still MIDI....

Midi out to Midi in...2 cables....Match up your sequencer BPM in ES to DP24 through Metronome once you create song...must match...

CLICK MIDI on MENU for DP24....I set up like this

MMC

MODE...............OFF
Device ID.........ALL

REMOTE CONTROL

MODE...............MASTER
PROGRAM CHANGE EFF....OFF
CONTROL CHANGE...........OFF

SYNC
GENERATOR".................CLOCK

Now you will need to set your keyboard to receive commands from the DP24...I'm gonna guess its in UTILITY, but not sure.....

Find MIDI and you want to click on something along the lines of EXTERNAL MIDI.....now when you start DP24 your whole sequence should start in time...you can add to sequence as well, at least I can on TRITON EXTREME....you will need to MUTE tracks and load in one by one on the DP24....

This should get u in the ballpark....Good luck

Steve thanks you were right on the money -- its working :)

Back