Stereo input on DP02 not recording in stereo

ColdToTheTouch

Hey recordaholics anonymous fellowship!

Im going to try and make this as short and understandable as possible. I make and arrange my drum tracks using FL studio, export them to wave, and import them onto my DP02.. however, in order to import onto the tascam, they have to be mono tracks, which make my drums sound boring, and its very exhausting on the ears. So I tried hooking up a stereo 1/8" mini cable, into the output of the laptop where the drum track is stored, i connect a stereo 1/8" mini to 1/4" stereo adapter into the other end of the wire, plug it into my machine, select the stereo input button, press record on the DP02, and press play in FL STUDIO, and let the drum track play...When I go back and listen... still mono..all the cymbals and toms are in the middle. I apologize for not using correct terminology, since i am self taught, but a stereo cable has 2 black rings, correct? my 1/8" mini has 2 rings, and so does the adapter..... If recording in stereo is not possible, why have the monox2/stereo switch? are there any other ways to get my drums in stereo on the dp02? and how many tracks would that take up? bouncing them onto 2 tracks, one Left, one right? im sorry for the length, i said id keep it short, but this is the best way for me o give as many details about my issue. I hope I didnt bring up a topic already mentioned. Im just coming back to homerecording after some time not doing any playing or recording. Someone pleeeeease help! this is driving me crazy! and my ears hurrrrt!!!:wtf:

Shizz

Back