*sigh*

c0r1n

Alright. My 424 mkiii has been acting crazy for months. Everytime I turn the power on it does something new. Blinky lights. Tape transport engaged. Fast forward. Rewind. Play. Nothing. Pretty much every variation. Sometimes, it still works, too! :rolleyes:

So a month ago I packed it up and shipped it off to Tascam. Got it back yesterday with a clean bill of health, but it STILL has the same problems. Supposedly they checked it out and everything tested OK, but I find it hard to believe. At least they didn't charge me for it.

So, yeah, anyone have a clue as to why the deck would be acting like this? Because apparently they don't. :D

$ .02

have to admit tascam is kinda deficient when to comes to srvice..its a shame.... but then in there defense it may not have acted up for them.... i was a bench tech for around 15 yrs.and believe me the hardest thing to do sometimes is duplicating the problem.... the fact that its different each time suggests that its a processor problem... ya might just need to learn how to do a hard reset.... processors also get flaky with voltage problems but i doubt the juice in your house is that bad... unfortunayely i dont know that piece so cant be more specific... try checking the manual for a reset procedure...

yeah...

but since it never does the same thing twice, that would mean they only turned it on once? :p

Back