Should I Buy Tascam Dpo1 Is It Worth It

HEARTTYME

IS THE DPO1 ANY GOOD I HAVE A US 122L BUT I KEEP GETTING DROPOUTS I THINKING OF RECORDING ON A DPO1 INSTEAD MY LAPTOP CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME ANY TIPS? :confused:

I have the DP01. This is the first recorder I have ever had and, therefore, cannot compare it with anything.

It records only 2 channels at any given time and I found it difficult to learn how to do that. Perhaps if I had had previous experience, that would not have been the case (plus I am older -60 -and technical stuff is not as easy for me as for a younger person).

The only other problem I had was the manual. I am a concrete-sequential personality and the manual was not set up for me. I ended up printing things out in order with the corresponding manual page numbers.

If any of this helps, I am glad.

Dale

HEARTTYME said:
IS THE DPO1 ANY GOOD I HAVE A US 122L BUT I KEEP GETTING DROPOUTS I THINKING OF RECORDING ON A DPO1 INSTEAD MY LAPTOP CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME ANY TIPS? :confused:

i have a dp01fx, i love it, easy to use and has a high quality sound, granted it may not have the sound of ones costing thousands of dollars but it has a great sound quality. although i will say i wish you could record more than 2 tracks at once, but not really a big problem. the effects on the fx are good quality also.
for the price, a great piece of equiptment.

While the trend is to record into laptops and PC's these days, I keep on thinking the best way to record is by using a recorder, and edit in a PC. ;) At least to me!

I have a simple DP01. I'm really satisfied with it. Once I have tracked all the instruments I want, I just transfer them to my pc and mix, using Cool Edit Pro 2.0 .

IMO DP01= best bang for the buck:)

Take a listen to this song (all instruments tracked in a DP01)
Muriendo lento

Cheers!

Back