Seeking Tascam ps-d1 (power supply for DA-p1)

Hi all,
I have a little tascam DA-P1 here without a power supply.
I'm having trouble finding one online.

Does anyone have a spare for sale, or any idea where I could pick one up?

Thanks.

Hello,

Are you still looking for this power supply? I have one that has probably never been used (or very little).

-- Eric

Hi all,

Thanks.

Hi there,
Do you still have the Tascam AC Adaptor ps-D1?
I hope you can be my savior.
Thanks,
Dee

QUOTE=openreels;4045894]Hello,

Are you still looking for this power supply? I have one that has probably never been used (or very little).

-- Eric[/QUOTE]

Hello,

-- Eric

I'm a little late to this party, but I need one if you still have it, or anyone else does who happens to see this.

I know I'm necroing a very old thread, but, I also need this power supply as I've come onto a DA-P1 recorder but it has no power supply (Probably got sold separately due to the incredible rarity?)

Anyone have a spare or know of an aftermarket solution which fits the tascam plug?

Thanks!

PS-D1 AC-Adapter/Battery Charger available

I have a fully operational mint condition TEAC TASCAM model PS-D1 AC Adapter/Battery Charger for input voltage 230-240 VAC / 50 Hz / 15 W.

If still interested, let me know at your earliest convenience.

Thanks!

I know I'm necroing a very old thread, but, I also need this power supply as I've come onto a DA-P1 recorder but it has no power supply (Probably got sold separately due to the incredible rarity?)

Anyone have a spare or know of an aftermarket solution which fits the tascam plug?

Thanks!

Bumpamaroo.

I do not mind. Often times I assist people to get a power supply made. This one has a weird three pin terminal power plug but is a 7.2 Vdc supply at between 600mA and 800 mA demand.
At 7.2 Vdc it might have to be custom made- the connector is the problem.

Hi there! I see this is still up, I would like to purchase your power supply

I have a fully operational mint condition TEAC TASCAM model PS-D1 AC Adapter/Battery Charger for input voltage 230-240 VAC / 50 Hz / 15 W.

Thanks!

Hi there! I see this is still up, I would like to purchase your power supply for the Tascam PS - D1 if you still have it.

Let me know! I'm ready to purchase!

Thank you!

Zane

---------- Update ----------

I can pass along email/shipping details once I hear from you

Cheers!

Hi there! I see this is still up, I would like to purchase your power supply for the Tascam PS - D1 if you still have it.

Let me know! I'm ready to purchase!

Thank you!

Zane

---------- Update ----------

I can pass along email/shipping details once I hear from you

Cheers!

Hi, it is still available. Please, just make sure it is the 230-240 VAC / 50 Hz input voltage version you are interested in.

Best regards

Mikael

This unit is now sold!

Last edited:

Thanks!

I am interested in a PS d1 power supply!
Please let me know if it's still available
andrealuciano dot gmail.com

All that has to be done is to locate the power connector type- it is usually possible to look at a connector and find out who makes it and then if a power supply is in hand or the service manual can tell you the pin out sometimes. If someone with that power supply can help to ID the connector I am sure I could build a product of greater reliability than the original one. I have made power supplies for other products before. This would seem to need a split 12Vac transformer at 1 amp. Then the 12Vac is rectified and then put into a regulator that puts out the 7.2Vdc per side. This is really beginners electronics to do this.
If a power connector can not be worked with I would remove it and make a connector that does the same thing and put that to the power supply. It might not be pretty but it would work- maybe some Molex connectors. The DAT format ended in 1997 so why are we still trying to use this tape format. Richard Hess warned me in 2006 to get all material off of DAT as it is just a matter of time before the working machines are gone- there are NO repair parts.PS-D1 specs.jpg

Of course adjustments have to be made for those that have 240Vac but that is easy just to select a transformer for their area at 50Hz that would work. The total draw is less than 1.5 amps with charging and use all at one time but the greatest draw is when dead batteries are in the unit and you use it at the same time. Keep in mind I am not knowing what batteries they used or have planned for the unit and Lithium batteries often have to be charged in a special way. Most likely given the age of the unit they had Ni cd batteries which are horrible batteries but the new NMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) batteries would be the best subs. Of course an enterprising individual could design a Lithium pack with a 7.2Vdc regulator in it and could go for an entire day with the right battery capacity. It all depends on needs. I have designed some crazy battery packs for old cell phone item that would last a week continuous but those days are over now.
Oh, the above picture was an edited one from off some web site where they were selling one- this is how we get specs sometimes.

Hi all,

Thanks.
you can buy ac adapters at walmart that let you chabge the voltage from like 1.5 to 12 and it also comes with liek six or seven different sized heads and im sure if you look you can find the right size. and if you get the right one you can flip it around to change the polarity to however your device is set up. be careful though cause there are different brands and they dont all carry the same sized heads as the other

Walmart will never have the three terminal connector that this has on it. This was a custom made supply and as long as you have the plug in connector the power supply can be made to give out 7.2 Vdc at 800mA or 1 Amp if needed. A LM7805 regulator can be used in a circuit to get 7.2 Vdc out and supply 1.5 amps.

Back