recording on two isolated tracks on 424

bardo

Is there a way to record on two tracks at the same time(track(1)left,track(2)right) and hear the full mix in the headphones?(not right/left)
Ex:lay the drums on track 1(paned to left)and Guitar on track 2(paned to right)and hear the drums and guitar on both sides.

Pan your track one 2 left and track 2 to right, and make sure your "line out" switch is positioned to where you need it.

ie: Mono = Both tracks on both sides
L/R = Panned positions

The IE:mono mix is what we need to hear in the headphones
You need to asign each track ethier left or righton the monitor section,There is also the cue section but that is for play-back and it is in mono.
Let me play around some more and get back to you.
Thanks for the replie,By the way,do you use a 424 4-track?

just record direct instead of buss l and r. You can then keep the pan knob centered. Set the switches under the level lights to direct, plug in and record like you normally would.

The direct switch,thats what was missing,thanks
Hey,got a chance to hear your creations(Orangerobot)very original and new.
Always love hearing fresh music.You play the guitars?

Thanks, man. The recording quality is kinda substandard (by most people here's standard, anyway) because, well, some was done on 4-track years ago, and other stuff as we were learning how to do the computer recording thing - lots of mistakes (bad mic placement, poor understanding of eq and fx, etc). But we like the songs. They work well live too I think. Anyway, yes I play guitar (so does another dude though) and I sing too.

Take care, Andy

So hows the computer thing working out?I've been pondering going that way myself .Just have not had the time (or bucks)to give it a go.
I look thru the digital forums and it looks confusing

Well the gear all belonged to our former drummer. Right about when we were getting comfortable with it (about when we were done recording our latest CD), he split. So, it was cool, but he was the one that really knew the stuff. It was pretty cool to be able to not be limited by tracks. But at the same time, having those restrictions can make you think a bit more about what you're doing.

Right now, the band is jsut focusing on live stuff. My recording endeavors are now back to little fun solo side projects on the 424mkii...although the new drummer is talking pretty seriously about getting recording software/hardware, so we may be back at it again at some point. It is expensive to do it right though, no doubt. By virtue of being able to multitrack more, you then end up needing more mics, cables, etc. lots of $.

Anyway,Thanks for the help and good luck w/ your band.
I'm sure will run into each other somtime on this forum
peace out

Back