Rack for Tascam guy

Revmuddy

Hi everybody
I got my first 4-track in 1976...a Dokorder reel to reel...then a 234 syncassette in 1985 (better luck) Then was out of it for a long time, but have recently jumped back in. Now it's a TSR-8 & Mackie VLZ 1604 pro and a Tascam CC-222 to mix into...with a 424MK III on the side just for fun. I have the usual reel wobble that I guess everybody has to put up with...But the TSR-8 seems incredible so far! Never thought I would see the day when I could get on for $500.00! Anyway my question is...where do I get a decent price on the empty rack thing?...I never had one..so I'm clueless, But my home studio is full of tables and night stands with this stuff all over it! What's the best one to buy? ...and also..how important is it to run the TSR-8 on it's back VS upright? I am new to HR BBS and appreciate any help...Thank you all Very much...Revmuddy

If you can find one on Ebay or somewhere, the original rack for the reel to reels was called the CS-604 made by TASCAM and featured a tilt and lock system to angle the deck to your needs and provide some fixed vertical rack spaces for other gear like dbx units and such, which you won't need with the nr built into it. It had wheels on it to which come in mighty handy in a studio to get at the wires more easily.

If you can't find on of those, companies like Raxxes make some stuff too that is a bit more flimsy then the TASCAM rack but at least they are still out the in circulation at major musical instrument shop retailers.

Cheers! :)

Back