Quick Tascam MH-40 question!

studiodrum

I know this is a stupid 'brain dead' question. But, is the Tascam MH-40 a full rack size, or half rack size, . . and while I'm asking this question, . .what the hell is a a half rack. . .? Is it the height of the component, . or the width?

I'm planning on getting a table top rack mount to 'neatin' things up a bit, and want to install my newly acquired MH-40, and 102 MKII. . . So, I'm a little unfamiliar with the rack mount size thing. . . Thanks for your help. . .

The MH-40 is a standard 19" rack mount width and stands one rack space high on the newer, beige colored unit.

The older model was a two rack space high unit and had a brown face plate.

One rack space equals 1.75 inches.

A half rack space unit is on which is half the normal width, usually reserved for units where 2 units were designed to be strapped together to form a singular standard width.

Cheers! :)

Exxxxxxxxxcelent. . . .

Thanks! Now, Im well versed in rack organization.

I was planning on buying a rack shelf (with air vents) for a cd burner that doesnt have a place to mount rack ears . . . is there anything that I should look out for?

. . is there anything that I should look out for?
Nothing unique to look out for other then making sure it is sturdy enough to support the weight of the pieces you plan to put in it.

Also make sure it is deep enough to accommodate any deeper units you may want to put in there.

Cheers! :)

Back