Question about Tascam us 366 usb audio interface

Happytobehere

I purchased a Tascam us 366 usb audio interface years ago. When I got it I set it up with I believe Cubase. I laid it back and it laid there for years so the other day I finally got it back out and pugged it up and was met with a message that the software license has expired. It seems as if my US 366 is effectively turned into a brick. Is there other software that I can use so that I can use the 366 todo simple recording with. I apologize if this seems a dunce question but I've been out of the loop in home recording for some time now. I only need it to do recordings for copyright work and maybe record songs with vocal and acoustic guitar for air play on a local community radio station.

The software license would be for either Sonar LE or Cubase LE. There's no restriction on the driver software for the interface itself.

Make sure you have the latest driver (https://tascam.com/downloads/tascam/789/us-322_us-366_driver_v104_win.zip). From there you can use any DAW software that uses ASIO drivers. Reaper is a free download for a 60 day trial. It does the same thing as the Cubase software that came with the unit. Cakewalk by Bandlab is free, and that is a continuation of the old Sonar software.
Once set up, you should be able to record.

One last note, after the driver is installed, check to see what version of firmware you have in the interface. The latest version of firmware is 1.03.

Good luck.

Back