ques. about the tascam m512,m520 andm1600 questions...

beat_banger

hi there.. is anyone familiar with this board??
how are the eq's on it???
any good perks about this board and any bad ones i should know about????
the reason i am asking is because my associate is planning on buying one and i have tried doing some research on the net about it an d havent been able to find any reviews or anything..

also i assume the m512 and the m520 are the same boards except the 520 is bigger, correct????

which board out of the 3 has a warmer sound or better sound overall?
better eq's?
if you people have a link to where i can get info on these 3 boards i would appreciate it..
tahnks

Eh,...

The M512 & M520 are the same family of mixer. The EQ on these boards is 3-band sweepable-type. All inputs feature XLR connectors with phantom power. The preamps are good. The sound is fine. It was a pro board in it's day.

I believe the M512/520 has better EQ than the M1600, which is 3-band sweepable vs 3-band w/Hi & Low-fixed & mid-sweepable, respectively.

The newer M1600 series was designed to hit a much lower price point then the 500 series so corners were cut in the design to meet the price.

The M512 & M520 were flagship products in their day and sold for close to three times the money because they were built to hit a performance standard first and a price point second.

It's a hard concept to put into words so your best bet is to check them out in person and then the fit and finish become far more apparent and obvious as to which is the superior desk.

The term; "They don't make 'em like they used to", readily comes to mind here. ;)

Cheers! :)

If you could get your hands on the 520 manual I think it would help you decide.This was one cool board in it's day,lots of sound worthy features.It's a blast to work with.I've had mine for a decade with no regrets..Good luck.

Back