pros/cons

SGPIANOMAN

what are the pros and cons of using a tascam over recording through the computer? Am i right that the tascam uses tapes on some of the models?

:) A "pro" would be the tape based is easy to use,cost effective, and fun!! The results are only as good as the tape, open reel vs cassette, and the machine handeling the tape.
Just one thought on the subject......

da MUTT

SGPIANOMAN said:
what are the pros and cons of using a tascam over recording through the computer? Am i right that the tascam uses tapes on some of the models?

I'll jump first!

I only use a 4 track Tascam (tape)--however--the sound that I can achieve from the analog tapes is a much "warmer" sound than I have been able to re-produce on my PC. Although there may be other variables (such as sound card quaility, RAM, ETC) the songs I have done on tape versus PC are of greater sound quality.

Although it is true that if you had more tracks to work with, you could avoid that proverbial "bounce" that seems to loose the edge. Analog (tape) gives me that sound I am after.

The ultimate would be an 8 track Tascam Analog.

Computers get you those effects that can be a welcome addition, you have to buy seperate units to record effects with the Tascam.

Just my opinion !!!!!

Back