Thread: Problems with my Tascam 4track...please help!

Thanks

Question

Sign in to disable this ad
    hey, im having a problem with my tascam 4 track. when i record two tracks, they sound fine and i can hear them on my stereo...but when i record the 3rd track, nothing comes out and i can hear it on the 4 track itself but not on my stereo. I think the same thing also happens with the 4th track as well...please help i NEED to record!!!

Thanks

Wink

Do you mean that this happens when you put the 4 tr. tape in another player? If so it's because you need to make a mixdown tape. a 4track machine records on the entire width of the tape, meaning tracks 3 and 4 are recorded on what would be side B of a regular tape (actually just a direction, not a side). You need to make mixdown the 4 track tape to a regular stereo mix on another tape machine. Its all in the manual. If thats not the problem, you might want to make sure you're outputting the entire stereo mix. I apologize if I'm insulting your intelligence, i'm not exactly clear on the question you're asking. -lzb

Thanks

Wink

On your 4 track make sure your switches at the top (for all tracks you want to hear) are set to "tape" rather than "mic" or "off".

Thread Information