Problem syncing with FW 1082

lownoted

Hi,

I have had my fw-1082 for about two years and it has worked wonderful with my first computer (2.4 ghz/2gb/XP Media Center). Recently my studio has upgraded to a new computer. AMD Phenom 9600 Quad Core/2.3Ghz/4GB/XP Pro sp2 - with a LaCie PCI fw400 with a TI chipset. It also has onboard nVidia G Force 8200 video, and it is set up in Raid 0 with a nVidia nForce Raid Controller. I have installed the updated driver(1.70) and updated firmware. I have also disabled the firewire network card that shows up in Device manager. However, with my new computer, I am having trouble syncing. I open the FW-1082 Control Panel and it shows that it is in sync and then it drops then syncs again. It does this repeatedly. When I hook it back up to my old computer, it works flawlessly. So can anyone help me??? Is there something that may be causing conflicts or should I try a different FW card?

Thanks!

low

same prob

Please let me know if you find a solution. I usually keep the control panel open and change the sample rate to 96, then back to 44 to get it working again. I upped the cache to 64 which helped, then later to 128 which was even better, but it still drops from time to time unexpectedly.

Hello,

I had some problems with my FW-1082 too. Sometimes it would connect but most of the time it simple wouldn't. I've been searching the net for a while and tried a couple of things, here's my list, hope it helps you guys!

- No more internet on my computer where i produce and record on
- When you shut of internet you don't need security programs such as microsoft essentials or Norton, so
completely remove them (also firewall stuff).
- Shut Off UAC on Vista and Windows 7, this is known for blocking different kind of applications.

These three things really helped for me, i have no problems anymore what so ever. I know cutting of internet is a big deal but just try it.

Hope this helps out a bit!

Greetings from Holland!!

Back