New Portastudio Song

ksounds

Here's a new one straight from the Tascam 246 into the computer. All done outside the box(minus the explosion sound effect). I know these should be going to the mp3 forum, but I figured people looking in this forum who are interested in cassette recording might find this of interest. IThis is the first mix. There was one bounce from the computer. Not sure I'm crazy about the delay on the vocals during the chorus...and I can't program a drum machine for crap...so whatever. This song is about the big picture in our small lives. :confused:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=351160

Naa, you don't wanna post it on the mp3 forum. Here is good [or on the Analog Only forum] .. I'll give it a listen later on tonight.

Thanks. Yeah I bounced to the computer and back for this one. Still want to get a 234 to keep it purely analog until I have to put it in the computer. Also, the explosion at the end is a digital download and when it erupts you can hear all the subsonic frequencies that digital can translate and cassette can't, so I think I'm going to go back and pipe the explosion onto cassette and then back into the computer so that it's a little more consistent with the rest of the song frequency wise.

Sounds good. I'd like to hear a little less guitar and a little more vocals though. I'm listening at a pretty low volume, though (at work). Sometimes those things even out at a higher volume. I do really like the song, though!

Thanks Andy. That was the first mix. You are right. The vocals need to come up and they need some hi-end added to them. This is the first song I ever tracked with a small diaphram microphone (mk-012). The vocals sound o.k. through it. The guitars could come down a bit too. This song would be soo much better with a real drummer, but hey, it's a demo. I was messing around a little last night, and I'm going to try an alternate version of it. Really mellow and acoustic driven with some ambient stuff going on in the background. I'll post it if it turns out worth a damn. :rolleyes:

POst it in MP3 clinic as well.
Is GOOD though the bass could use just a little nudge in vol or 3khz boost.
THe guitar's a little fizzy & might needs some mids.
I still record 4 basic tracks into my Yamaha MT100 & them into the box in cakewalk for augmentation & effects/mixing.
I also bought a nice box of about 40 10min cassettes a few months ago so I'm commited to my tape machine.

Back