mixers

reco

hey ive been looking at a new tascam mixer i goes for about $1000.00, 24 chanels phantom power looks good to me but the question is .
is it good for a (EXCUSE THE ADAT WORD)adat orDA_88, 16track setup will do what i want which is just plane work?
thanks

A TASCAM mixer, 24 channels for $1000???
You'd better jump on that deal!
As far as using some ADATs with it, there is gear out there that converts TDIF to Light Pipe, so it should not be a problem.

if you are buying a "new" mixer, why even bother to buy an analog, especially for $1000...for 1000 you can get a TASCAM digital mixer with built dynamics and effects and eq, and can be expanded by 8 tracks for a few hundered bucks....or, splurge for the 16-channel Yamaha mixer which goes for like $1600....just don't waste your money on an analog mixer in todays digital world....

but hey i looked at the yamaha 16chanel (or so called 16chanel) and you cant mix 16 tracks at once........ it says 16 but they mean 12......lol.

Reco,
I just re-examined this thread, and I believe in your first post, you wrote "new TASCAM mixer", the last I checked, all new TASCAM mixers were digital; hence, my mistake in thinking you were talking about a digital mixer.
Furthermore, if you are SO into analog, and so anti-digital, WHY ARE YOU USING ADAT's?

because analog is to expensive to get my hands on it is not possible so adats are kind of close so thats my choice, or i may end up with a roland vs-1680 and a digital mixer just so people will stop razzing me about the analog devotion...(ha ha).

Back