Mixer For 788

SMITHKI

has anyone had any experience in running a mixing counsel say like a behrenger ub1622 fxp or something similar.is there an advantage if any in running thru a mixer first.i have a friend who runs thru an alesis mixer into his computer and has good results.it seems it would be easier with keeping things pluged into a mixer verses the back of the 788.i really dont like the adapter sticking out in the back for xlr,it seems flimsy to me.the behringer boards have mic pre-amps and phanthom power for condeser mics.what are your thoughts on this anyone who may be trying it.thanks for the info.

kirk

Pretty much any mixer can used with the 788. For me, the more busses the better. With the mackie 1604, you can send 4 different inputs into the 788(inputs A thru D for instance).

and with the Yamaha 01V, I can use all six inputs on the 788.

I do a lot of mobile recording and have taken feeds off dozens of different mixers.

You just have to define how you will be using the 788 and choose a mixer than gives you the most benefits.

as far as the back inputs on the 788, I'd recommend getting a lot of female XLR to 1/4" TRS cables, all different lengths and make sure the 1/4" end is the 90 degree type. That'll take a lot of stress off the input area on the 788.

Back