Mastering a DP-004

flatlander88

Perhaps I've been doing it all wrong for 5 years... My DP-004 has recorded 2 hours of original music directly onto the SAN DISK (I mean without the "creating a song function") and now when I wish to do a Master Record at 45-06 minutes and Out at 51-8 minutes the unit continually reverts to 00-00-00.and so is the case with the entire card. I wonder did- I make a mistake in recording the songs, 23 of them,each with their own starting point or am I unlearned about the Mastering process... because all I've been able to do is master onto the computer the first song on the card and I need to access all the other songs recorded -mastering and uploading. There is a lot of one time only improvising jam on the card now and it is unacceptable to loose what I've made. Help me get this hour and a half of great inspiration onto the Internet! Gaucho Hopi

Last edited:
You can't record without creating a song>>>Go to the menu and look for a song 0001 or something that's probably where yo mus is

---------- Update ----------

I may need to call Tascam and find more know how of create a song that part is not clear

Last edited:
Press Menu>>>use the data wheel to select SONG & Press F4>>> use data wheel>>> select create>>> press F4>>> Press F2

In the years I have had this unit I've been all thru the manual about recording and the pages you tell me about do not explain what happens when I create a song... I've always simply set the levels and pushed record and play together making record from that point on.I have really professional sounds on the card but cannot figure to master anything but the first 00-00-00 of the card and thus I am prevented from sending the songs onto the internet . I want to publish my original music

Last edited:
Windshear my friend I have done exactly that with the end point and the MASTER REC but the unit repeatedly reverts to 00-00-00 I think you have it right We need to create a song and then record but I dont follow the procedure as after the create and load onward to pressing Record and Play forward

How big is your SD Card and how much space is left? You may have to pull it out of the unit and check it on a computer

Uploading DP-004 content that is further into the partition onto computer

The card will hold 3 hours of data and I have put 2 hours and 15 minutes so far .There is plenty of space but when I try a song further into the card than the very first recording (anywhere else actually) we automatically return to 00-00-00

Well that is a good question the songs have been put there over a space of time about 1 year 5 months to a total of 2 hours 15 minutes there is about 7 seconds to 12 seconds silence at the end of each tune

---------- Update ----------

In added info of my lack of knowledge I dont get "loading a saved song " can I put the music I have made onto a partition that will then Master Rec?

Ok >>> press menu>>> use data wheel>>> Press F4 open song menu>>> select 'load'>>> press F4>>> How many songs are there and add up the MB so we can see how much is on your card>>> which one has your music on it

Back