input from 1082 owners

starsxandxslits

i have been happily recording and mixing on an fw1082 for the last 6 months and i absolutely love it...however it has always struck me as odd that it has two firewire ports...i've never heard of anyone daisy chaining these units and i was curious if any other users out there use thier extra firewire pors and if so for what. streaming audio to two computers? smacking two 1082's together (if even at all possible)? let me know, please! it's driving me crazy!

well

sorry i dont own one. but as far as i know, you cant daisy chain two 1082s. it would also be difficult to get a second interface working on that port, so i wouldnt try that either.

the only thing i can think of, and what i know will work, is a firewire harddrive for your audio files. can be a big improvement in performance if your harddrive isnt the best.

Adam

so there is probably no way to expand this units amount of I/O even with another firewire soundcard like a firepod? could you daisy chain the tascam into the firepod then to the computer?

i dont think so. im 99 percent sure it would be a whole lot of effort for a whole lot of nothing, but dont quote me.

most interfaces that CAN dasiychain, can only daisy with the same interface, or atleast one of the same family or brand.

Adam

Back