import WAV files to DP-01FX

lufc71

I got mine a couple of weeks ago and I'm having real fun, multi-tracking acoustic guitar, electric guitar, keyboard and vocals. I then tried to import a WAV file using the instructions; connect DP to PC, copy WAV file to WAV directory on FAT partition on DP, then import WAV to usable partition. Yup, sounds straight forward. I connected my DP to my PC, moved the files across to the FAT partition using Windows Explorer, then checked that they were on the DP. Yup, ok so far. Then disconnected the DP, selected the WAV import command and I get an error message telling me that there are no WAV files in the directory! So I connected it back to the PC and sure enough the WAV files are still there. The 'troubleshooter' in the manual tells me that I get that error message because I haven't put any WAV files in the WAV directory. Yeah right, I got 6 of 'em!! So why can't they be 'seen'?? Any ideas? Has anybody imported WAV files to the DP-01FX?
Many thanks,
Peter

Fixed it!! :-)

If you want to do this, a good idea is to read the instructions first!
Being into computers and not portostudios I thought that the software would simply be looking for a .wav extension. Not so. It will only import (and more importantly 'see') mono wav files. I checked and mine were all stereo. So, using Cakewalk Pro, I converted them to mono and hey presto! problem solved! :-)

Back