how many tracks can i record simultaneously with the tascam fw1884?

wreckagecrayon

i was recently offered a tascam fw 1884 for $700, i looked it up and found that it costs much more than that so i am considering buying it. the only recording experience i have is with garageband through the audio in jack on the back of my mac. i have made recordings of my band with this by recording each instrument seperately, one by one, but i want to record all the instruments at the same time and be able to have each instrument on a seperate track so i can edit each instrument seperately, and this is a pain because we have 2 vocalists, 3 guitar player, a bass player and a drummer. i was wondering if the tascam fw1884 would suit my needs and if so how many tracks can i record with it at once? the person im going to buy it from is some rich kid who made his parents buy it for him and was too stupid to use it so he is no help. if anyone could answer my question it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

The product page on sweetwater says up to 18 simultaneous inputs, but that includes S/PDIF, MIDI, etc. From the looks of the back of the unit, you can have 8 mics/instruments at a time. Hope that helps some. If all else fails, check the tascam website.

i've got one here... and straight outta the box you can do 8simultaneously... i have a teac tube pre run in using the digital in which gives me 10... there's also an adat in that would do 8 more at 44/48 or 4 more at 88/96...

there are some problems(fixable) with early versions... hot plugging condensors can blow pre's...

Back