how to factory reset tascam dp-01

You just have to format the hard drive.
That's all.
It's in the manual under Disk management page 36.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!

i cant cause it wont start up
i brought it to, where i bought it and they tried everything, they ahd the manual out and idk, they said they will call for me on monday

As Nico said, there is no "reset". If you can't start it up, a reset wouldn't help anyway. What happens when you try to start it up? Do you get any error messages? Does the power come on? Can you hear the hard drive spin up? Without any details, it could be anything from a blown power supply to a loose cable inside to a problem with the hard drive. If it's still under warranty, just exchange it.

YeAH IF you even just turn it off by the switch instead of the [shut down] button (like "I" did a Bunch of times the first hour I had it) it'll Lock uP and not get past the "now-working" box with the little boxes going across again and again.

what I did was to pull out the drive and put in a different one (since I had a pile lying around) BUT if I didn't I would've tried just sticking it in my pc and maybe reformatting it etc. (OR maybe deleting things if there was anything on there) ..NOT to format it correctly but jUST to erase whatever screwed-up "startup routine" was on there.

Then the minute the tascam sees a drive without whatever start-up routine there was THEN it'll go right into format mode if I remember correctly (or at least tells you what to to)

I guess it's start-up routine in a boot-sector is really FraGiLe or something?

(Really though..there's goTTa be a 2-button-on-startup secret reset function somewhere..not in the manual..not online anywhere : (

I realize this in an old thread but let me save some time for the passer by's like myself that still have this question. After 2 days of tedious internet searching I came across a reset for the dp-01fx. Hopefully this works for the dp01 owners as well.

Press and hold down the "track edit" and the "shut down" buttons while turning the power on until it says "-init screen- please wait". It will ask you if your sure you want to initialize hdd. If so press yes/enter. this WILL wipe your hard drive clean. If no just press no/exit.

Back