Hey tascam,My idea for a new 488

Hot Rocks

I love the cassette format, But you know what would be cool? What if tascam made a new 488MK111 and say it had 8 xlr inputs,Dolby S,8 track similtaneous recording, and all the great features of the 488 MK11 and weighed 20lbs and cost 599.00.I'll bet they would sell alot of these!

how about some built in sync thing that would allow tascam to put 2 casettes in for 16 tracks? =) mmm....

688?

hey man,

you should check out the tascam 688. it only uses one tape and weighs like 60+ pounds, BUT:

it has 8 xlrs, tape outs, extensive midi functions, 8 track simultaneous recording, and lots of other cool stuff.

i got mine + a anvil case for $600 off ebay

check it out

quote: 'say it had 8 xlr inputs,Dolby S, 8 track similtaneous recording, and all the great features of the 488 MK11'

-you just described the old Tascam 388, except what's dolby S?, wasn't dbx on 1/4" tape good enough?, and the weight, a mere 60 lbs.

I've got one better than that:

I've seen a half-height rack enclosure, that had rack mount on the front, vertically, and a slanted rack mount area on the top, (try to picture it).

My idea is this:

A Tascam 38, mounted (vertically) in the bottom rack/bays. Then, two DX-4D dbx units, rack mounted above that. Then rack mount compressor, reverb, delay unit, and patch bay (discrete). Top this off with a slant-top-rack-mounted Tascam Model 30 mixer, 4 heavy duty WHEELS, 4 heavy duty HANDLES, and it's the:

SUPER-DUPER-RETRO-PORTA-MEGA-STUDIO

I'm not joking, I'm serious. I'm going to make one just like I've described. Tascam, eat your hearts out!

Back