help! DP-02CF Q regarding compact flash card

epbass

I have a DP-02cf that came with a sandisk 1G cf card. This ammount of memory will only let me work on one song at a time without displaying an out of memory message--annoying! (has anyone else had this problem?)Anyways, I thought it'd be a simple process to get a bigger cf card, but have found it very difficult!

The tascam site has an approved media list, so I started there (see attached pdf)

when I started to research the "approved" cards online, I discovered that none of the product numbers matched the existing available cf cards by manufacturers. I want a card that is AT LEAST 8G if not 16G.

to complicate things, the list has some cards highlighted in blue (I have NO idea what this indicates) and some crossed out entirely.

I contacted a sandisk tech through live chat and after making we wait for about a hour while he researched, he said he couldnt help and to contact tascam. Tascam says to contact sandisk! grrrrr!

SO HERE IS THE QUESTION: CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND A CF CARD THAT WILL WORK AND PROVIDE A LINK WHERE I CAN PURCHASE IT ONLINE??? I do not want to waste a hundred bucks on a card that wont work.

any help would be so appreciated!!!!!!

Attachments

• DP02CF_Media_List_EN_R4[1].pdf
    48 KB · Views: 18
I haven't had any problems with which CF card I use. I've got the "factory" 1 gb card, (2) 4 gb cards, and an 8 gb card. All work without any problems. I didn't consult the "approved" list. I think the 4 and 8 gb cards are Kingston(?). Just make sure they are the high speed ones is the only thing that I would suggest.;)

what other flash cards could i use for the tascam dp 02 cf

hey guys ive been using the tascam dp cf 02 for over a year now and ive always been using the free flash card that comes with it i think 1gb...and now im looking to buy something much bigger so i can store more things and have much more room to record..i would like to kno if anyone can suggest any prity good affordable flash cards that i could use on this multi track...any useful suggestions would help :)..thank you so much all! :)

I have a DP-02 with I think 40GB hard drive. It never run out of memory yet and I have a good bit of songs on it. This is just a suggestion, you can get a DP-02 for sometimes as low as $150 on e-bay etc etc. Just saying...think it would be worth it to you to get it (the hard drive version) instead of buying all them cards and worrying about memory......just saying :eatpopcorn:

Last edited:
^^ thanks buddy thats a nice suggestion but well practically its the same machine just with out the cd drive rom thing and obiviously the memory is better but if i am to buy a card which ones would you suggest?? i only want something like an 8gb would be really fine notting so big i mean if theres 16 il take but anything thats more then the free 1gb flashcard that i got with dp 02 cf :)

Last edited:
^^^ cheers buddy i will look out thanks you for letting me kno this...yes im from ireland and thats actually prity cheap only 56 euro so that be nice for me the sandisk 16gb...also by living outside the usa.. did you mean price wise or something else as in brand etc? :)

I have had a DP02 CD since 2009 and I love it. Problem is that I have to erase the 80 minutes of music that burns a CD each time I release a new album. I mistakenly received a DP02 CF from an e bay seller but I decided to keep it. I ordered a compact flash/SD adapter so I will let all know how that fares. I also realized that I can record an album on the DP02 CF and then keep the flash card as an master tape and even if it is "Mastered" it still holds the "unmixed" tracks. I am slowly planning on collecting Compact Flash Cards. It was helpful to learn that the specifications on the Tascam site are not definitive and that is a relief. I would think that any card that holds more than 16Gb would be best to adhere to the Tascam specs especially up to 128GB. If a 1GB holds 3-5 min's using all 8 tracks just do the multiplication (2GB=10 min, 4GB=20 and so on.

Back