External effects on 2488 neo

kershawh

Hi

I have followed previous instructions from some of you knowledgeable guys out there of how to use an external effect on my 2488 neo.
I am getting some effect through but if I try to increase it all I get is horrendous feedback.
If someone would please go through the set up step by step I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks in anticipation.

To cable up an external effect: Effect Send (A or B) -> Effect Input -> Open Mic/Line Channel (A thru H)

Select the track you wish to put thru the effect, and then hit the SEND key. Set the appropriate send channel (EFF 1 or EFF 2, which refer to Effect Send A and B, respectively) to Pre- or Post-Fader (Pre-Fader: send volume is regulated by the Send and Master levels and is unaffected by the channel fader; Post-Fader: send volume is regulated by Send and Master levels, as well as the channel fader).

If you are getting too much volume or feedback, somewhere your levels are too high. You need to set all levels properly.

Make sure the channel volume (if using post-fader send), Effect Send and Master Send volumes are set where you want, and that they are not too loud for the effect unit.

Next, make sure the effect unit's input and output volumes are set properly so they're not overdriving the pre-amps on your NEO.

Finally, adjust the trim the effect unit's destination if need be.

Go through each stage of your signal and make sure the volumes are set properly going into the next stage.

Back