Exported Tracks gone after Mixing in Pro Tools 11

plasma4209

Hi Guy’s..

I just need some help from you guy’s.
Recently I recorded 16 tracks directly to Tascam 2488Neo. And then I exported it to my computer through USB so I can mix it with Pro Tools 11. I was succesfully doing that. I mixed it, put some effects etc..and I saved the files in Pro tools. But the following morning when I opened the Pro Tools again, my project was “blank”..as in no audio..the waveform of each tracks is gone..but the name of each tracks are still there but no “audio and waveform”.
I remembered before I turned off my PC and the Tascam, I clicked the “save” in my Pro Tools file.

Is there anything that I need to do rather than “saving” the file? Do I need to create a “folder”?
Your help is really appreciated.

Hi Guy’s..

I just need some help from you guy’s.
Recently I recorded 16 tracks directly to Tascam 2488Neo. And then I exported it to my computer through USB so I can mix it with Pro Tools 11. I was succesfully doing that. I mixed it, put some effects etc..and I saved the files in Pro tools. But the following morning when I opened the Pro Tools again, my project was “blank”..as in no audio..the waveform of each tracks is gone..but the name of each tracks are still there but no “audio and waveform”.
I remembered before I turned off my PC and the Tascam, I clicked the “save” in my Pro Tools file.

Is there anything that I need to do rather than “saving” the file? Do I need to create a “folder”?
Your help is really appreciated.
[MENTION=43272]Steenamaroo[/MENTION]

Any audio imported into a ProTools session should be automatically copied into the 'Audio Files' folder within your Protools session folder.
Obviously that didn't happen, this time, although I'd expect ProTools to notify you and say that X files are missing.
It should, at least, be giving you an option to manually relink them, or search for them.
Did any of that happen?

What your describing sounds like PT was reading the files directly from your device/record/external storage media then, when that was removed, it couldn't find the files,but I didn't think that was possible.

Anyway, I'd recreate the whole process with a new session but keep an eye on the MyNewSession/Audio Files folder at each stage, to see what it is/isn't doing.

Back