Export .WAV files on 2488 problem

bpb

I mix my friend's projects in Protools. We have always had good luck with him bringing me his tracks on cdr. He records now on the 2488 and did the export wav file according to the manual. When I opened the files only about half contained music ..the other half which should have had overdubed bass,vox, gtr etc. were only blank with the occasional clip of audio out of sync and two or three minutes into the track. The song plays back fine on the 2488 with all music there. What step are they missing to include all the current music tracks in the export. As usual the manual is vague.

Thanks BB

I've had the same problem with the 2488. I was recently recording a band with my new 2488 and half way through the recording the unit crashed, showing an error message along the lines of "the hard drive is in not in the correct position". I've always had Fostex recorders in the past which write directly to the hard drive as you go so there's no worry if they crash (not that any of my Fostex recorders ever do...).

After re-recording the erased tracks I made sure they were saved and checked them all but when I exported them to my computer several tracks were blank or cut half way through. I managed to get all the tracks eventually by taking them from an analogue output into the computer.

I returned my 2488 and got a new replacement but I haven't tested for the same problem yet. I was hoping I was just unlucky with a bad unit. Has anyone else had similar problems?

Thanks Rock God
I recommended this machine to my friends so I hope this gets worked out as wav file transfer is at the top of the list of needed functions for us. I have been an engineer for 20 years and have worked on about every machine there is and I must say the internal software achitecture of this machine is extremely UN intuitive in several areas.

I am hoping they are missing some sort of step in selecting the files ..it seem that the problem files all are ones with overdubs. Maybe the final takes are on some virtual track level and need to be pushed to the front line so to speak to export properly. Just a thought and possibly a totally incorrect one. Sure could use some help from an experienced user of this machine.

Missing Track Information

I read in another post that TASCAM is working on a software upgrade to fix the problem.

For now, the work-around is to bounce tracks that have been edited to virtual tracks and then export from there.

Back