DP24SD File transfer

songsj

I'm considering buying a DP24SD for tracking and I mix on a computer in Reaper. What would the best/easiest way to transfer the audio files from the DP24SD into Reaper DAW.

Thanks,

The best way is to follow the DP24SD instructions for exporting audio. You'll be able to export wav files of each DP24 track to your PC using a USB cable. Then you can just drop the wav files into Reaper tracks very easily.

I'm considering buying a DP24SD for tracking and I mix on a computer in Reaper. What would the best/easiest way to transfer the audio files from the DP24SD into Reaper DAW.

Thanks,

On the DP24SD record your tracks, then use the EXPORT function, which will put your files in the AUDIO DEPOT folder. Then either via USB or by moving the SD card to your computer transfer the EXPORTed files onto your hard disk and then into Reaper (insert/Media File) by selecting the tracks from your hard disk, choose the option for "Separate Tracks". That's it.

I like to create a Reaper Project BEFORE I import the files. It's easy to create a mess of audio files if you don't think about organization beforehand. My Reaper settings create a new project in its own folder (directory), create a subfolder called "Audio Files", and that's where I'd copy the DP24 WAVs to, and subsequent Insert from in Reaper.

In two weeks we're releasing a CD that produced this way.

Sounds good , I agree about creating a separate folder before importing to your computer. I learned that the hard way years ago. Same goes for export/import from my 2488 except I have to do the transfer via cd.

Sounds good , I agree about creating a separate folder before importing to your computer. I learned that the hard way years ago. Same goes for export/import from my 2488 except I have to do the transfer via cd.

One advantage of the newer DP series is that they record natively to WAV and do so in the FAT32 partition (unlike the earlier 2488 series which recorded to a proprietary format in a proprietary partition). The EXPORT function doesn't do a conversion. What it does is assemble the bits and pieces (punches, overdubs, etc) created during the recording process into a single audio file for each track. When imported in a DAW the tracks line up perfectly because they all start at the same point.

Back