DP02CF tracks to a DP24SD

WindShear

Trying to figure out how to get the tracks from my DP02CF to a new DP24SD>>> I transferred them to folder on my computer and put the folder on the SD card but DP24SD says error when I try to open it in "songs"

I don't know anything about the DP02CF - but I'm pretty sure that however it is that you get the track stems (and they need to be cohesive stems) off of the DP02 to your computer - they need to be in .wav format before you can load them onto the DP-24SD via the Audio Depot. Important: the bit depth and the sample rate of the .wavs need to match the song setting that your loading them to. Meaning if your .wav stems that come off of the DP02 are 14.1 kHz/16 bit - the song that you've created on the DP-24SD needs to be 14.1 kHz/16 bit.

Hope this helps.

That's a very good point>>> I checked both units and default settings on both of them are 44.1khz/16 bit so it must be some other kind of in compatibility issue other than that>>>
Thanks

I transferred them to folder on my computer and put the folder on the SD card but DP24SD says error when I try to open it in "songs"

You need to create a new song (44.1khz/16 bit if that matches your existing track stem .wavs) - then copy the individual track stems to the "Audio Depot" folder of the DP-24SD. Then you can import them onto individual tracks on the DP-24SD.

On a related note - if you haven't already.... go to youtube and search for the Phil Tipping tutorial video series. You'll thank me later. ;) Phil is not affiliated with Tascam in any way. So, if you get a lot of value out of those videos - consider donating something for his efforts (many of us DP users have - but it's not mandatory). He also sells a really great how-to guide that is just great.

Last edited:
Ok I wasn't using audio-depot I was transferring files on the computer directly to the DP24SD card plugged into the computer bypassing AudioDepot>>>Duh

Success yes>>>
Problem was= I took the SD card out of the DP24SD recorder and plugged directly into the computer slot and
directly transferred the DP02CF files from the computer to the DP24SP card bypassing "AudioDepot">>
The DP24SD AudioDepot has format capabilities needed for files to be compatible with the recorder...

Back