DP01 mic/guitar switch question

dalematt

First off, I'm a newbie and on a scale of 1 to 100, probably fall around 5 in knowledge about electronic music (I'm retired and starting a new hobby).

I have a question about the DP01. What, exactly, is the purpose of the mic/guitar switch? Does it HAVE to be on the guitar portion when recording a guitar or on the mic portion when recording another instrument or mic?

At one time, I would have just experimented, but I have reached a point in my life where I'm tired of breaking/messing up things by experimenting and paying the consequences.

Thanks for any response (preferably positive).

Dale

the requirements for mics and guitars are different so yes it does matter, always make the appropriate switch selection. do you have the regular dp 01 or the dp 01 fx or fx cd?

the output impedance of an electric guitar is different (higher) than that of the type of microphone using cannon (xlr) inputs.....I suppose you could plug a high impedance mic into an electric guitar input....

since you have the dp 01 original you can't use condenser mics. make sure to only pick up dynamic mics.

The input pre-amps on the dp01- (fxcd) seem to be inadequate....in order to get a strong enough signal, the input levels need to be turned way up and into an area where they produce a bit of background hiss....this can be corrected by using a mic pre-amp...this will also allow you to power condenser mics with your dp01....the Behringer mic-200 will work quite well and it's very inexpensive.

Back