dp-oo4 2 questions

hooksong

Hello all, I'm new to the dp-oo4 but been recording with a boss br900 for many years. I post all my tunes at songcrafters. I got this in addition to zoom -ps-o2 for recording on the go in my car with primarily a ukulele. I got the zoom 1st and didn't like the card, got the 004 for a good deal and use the zoom for effects.
I have a few questions perhaps someone can help me with.

1) I keep getting an I/F error and have to power down and I lose everything that wasn't saved. It seems to happen when I'm re-doing tracks over and over again because of mistakes. Is this like the drive busy on the boss machines? Is it with one track and if I cleared that track would it fix it?

2) I had hoped that I could save tracks to .wav file then bunce a mono mix, record more tracks, save them , bounce again, thereby creating virtual tracks. When I tried that today it appears to only save tracks by the name Trk002 etc. and when you save it again it just erases the first file. It prompts, "save file same name" or something, is there a way to edit the name of the .wav file to save more than 4?

I would love any help anyone might be able to offer!
Thanks,
Hook

I guess the first question I will pitch at you is, have you installed the latest firmware on it yet??

As far as question #2, I haven't really tried what you are attempting, but I guess worst case scenario, you could always export to .wav, connect to the computer via USB and rename the files, and then use those for bouncing purposes.

Thanks jjones,
I have not checked out my firmware situation but will try today, I assume they addressed the i/f issue in an update. It seems that when you clean out the track it somewhat corrects it but I feel like I've gotten a bunch of those errors.
It also appears that I will have to do just what you suggested and pull the tracks off before I do too much multi tracking. I guess I'm limited to 7 tracks before I have to connect to the computer, 4 originals saved to .wav, 1 mono bounce and 3 new tracks, connect clean it out and start again with a new mono bounce. It's not the ideal situation but it should suffice unless I'm on a trip and away from my computer!
Thanks for your help!!!
Rock on!
Ps. I just re-read your suggestion and I think your saying once connected I might be able to re-name them on the 004. Not sure if this is any less time consuming then just exporting the tracks and I still need the computer which id what I was trying to avoid until exporting all tracks at once. Thanks again!

Back