dp-008EX XLR plug upside down? Angular plug problem.

astrogator

Hi, I have just aquired this beautiful little machine.
Here's my problem: Trying to find an angular plug that has the cable upward when I plug it in. I've searched online for angular plugs and they are all the other way around, ie the cable would go downward, wich is useless in this case as I have it in a very small mini-flightcase and want to keep it in there as I connect an enxternal mic. There's not enough room for a normal plug. It doesn't really make sense to me for the cable to go down from an angular plug in many cases, even though it does make sense for the lock to be on top of the machine, and not in the bend of the plug. But how often is there room under the machine to lead the cable? Not on this little critter, that's clear.
Any suggestions how to find an 'upside down' angular plug??

You may need to make your own. I had the opposite issue, I needed an XLR cable that went down... but can only find plugs that go up! (I assume the plugs on our units are the things that are "upsidedown" and not the XLR cables themselves). You could either buy the 7 position plug end and solder your own cable or buy one already made and just resolder it yourself... you can't just twist it because the rotation you want is so extreme (180 degrees)... I tried that... Good luck! Let us know if you find a solution. I still haven't bought the parts to make mine yet.

Back