DM24 users

malcolm123

If you have a DM24, please post any major problems that you have encountered. Also post how the problems were resolved.

If you haven't had any major problems , then a simple praise would do.

I have been watching Tascam since it started getting real shady and I am about to upgrade from a TMD4000 to the DM24.

I have owned 3 4000s so far and I love the board, but the one I have now has been on the blink for months now and I could replace it with a used one, but since Tascam has gotten shitty, I dont feel to good dealing with discontinued product. Especially when the service sucks on their current products.

Im concerned about the power supply failures, headroom issues with the new software. I can live with the suck @ss trim pots.

You analog guys,,, keep on tracking,, while I suffer through my Digital dilema. LOL

Thanks

Malcolm

Everytime I've tried to upgrade the software, I've fried the chips somehow - both upgrades have required a call in to have them ship new ones out to me. I'm still on 1.6 because I can't afford to risk them going out again right now.

I've had 2 power supplies and the power board (or whatever it's called) go out on me as well. All replaced under warranty although it had expired by the time the last issue happened. That was pretty cool of them, although it sucked being mixerless for 3 weeks.

I'll upgrade the trim pots if I decide to take this to the next level. I'll also try upgrading the firmware again if the headroom issue is ever resolved and I'm taking a week or two off.

PRAISE MY DM24

Love my DM24, I've had it for 2 1/2 years, never a problem, upgraded twice, swapping out the EPROMS myself, very easy

when I had the MDR 24/96, the DM24 worked seemlessly :PLAY, STOP, REC, ARMING TRACKS etc..

I use it with DP3 3.1.1 now (sold the MDR) PLAY, STOP, REC, AUTOMATION via MTC, seemless,

CD
DAT
COMPRESSORS
SYNTHS
DVD

all connected to it, not a problem ---- (sigh) I love that f_ckin board

Back