Deleting tracks on 2488

kershawh

I have recorded a load of material onto my 2488 neo without numbering or naming the songs (I know - but it's a long story).
The hard drive is now full and I was wondering which is the easiest way to delete some of the material to free up space. Is it safe to use the "delete unused" function or is there another safer way.
For example on tracks 23/24 I had to load some already mastered stuff on in a hurry. I have now recorded this to CD so how do I clear tracks 23/24 completely so as to free up more space.
I hope you can understand this rather complicated scenario.

Thanks in anticipation.

If you're just trying to delete unneeded tracks from a finished recording, hit the EDIT TRK key, select CLEAN OUT, and select the tracks you want to erase. Then, DELETE UNUSED from the song menu to get rid of them once and for and free up memory.

You can also erase songs from the SONG menu. This will permanently erase the entire project.

KenHR

Many thanks for your reply. I am not trying to delete tracks from a finished recording I am actually trying to delete whole complete tracks which I no longer need. The fact that these tracks are not named or numbered makes this a difficult task. Is there any way I can go through the hard drive and delete individual whole tracks or will I have to format and start again (this time doing the job correctly by naming and numbering the tracks).

Thanks in anticipation

Hi, kershawh,

You'll have to erase songs using the SONG menu. Hit the MENU key, then choose SONG, then choose ERASE.

Select the song or songs you want to erase, then press YES/ENTER.

This is a non-undoable process, so you'll want to make sure the songs you're erasing are the ones you truly want to erase. So listen to them first and make notes on a piece of scratch paper or something.

I just discovered the "delete unused" function on my DP-24.

Wow, what a difference in the memory. No wonder the 90 second song was up to 900mb.

After the delete, the same song was down to 70mb.

If you are short on time - have you thought about swapping HDs? Its very easy to do and you do not have to get rid of anything from your original HD - until you have some time to sift through it...

Zeek

If you're just trying to delete unneeded tracks from a finished recording, hit the EDIT TRK key, select CLEAN OUT, and select the tracks you want to erase. Then, DELETE UNUSED from the song menu to get rid of them once and for and free up memory.
Thank you for the 'DELETE UNUSED' part, as I couldn't figure out why the memory wasn't going down after the CLEAN OUT step!
The manual does not address this directly.

Back