DBX units for MS-16

I am in the process of buying an MS-16. It doesnt have the DBX units, does anyone know where to get them and the cables for them?
VP:confused:

I just bought 2 DBX 150's from eBay. Both of them plus shipping was 57.00 I hope they work. I have been told that the main boards are subject to cracking due to the age. You can do a Google search and find them restored to new for about 125.00 with a guarantee. I will post the sites if I can find them in my fav's Also, I don't know if I need the cables that connect to the back of the reel or not. I think all I need is ts or trs to (in my case) rca's.

DBX is great!

Hi,
I found some DBX units for my machine on ebay also. I just tested them and I am amazed how well they work, no tape hiss whatsoever. How did yours work. I have been using dbx for 16 years on all of my Tascam machines and I love it. Dbx seems to get critisized alot for masking the highs and for the breathng. I have plenty of highs and I do occaisionally hear the breathing only when there is a bass solo and you can hear the hiss riding along with the bass. I wonder if the people doing the critisizing are use to very high end machines that dont need noise reduction. I think it is great.
VP:cool:

Hi,
I found some DBX units for my machine on ebay also. I just tested them and I am amazed how well they work, no tape hiss whatsoever. How did yours work. I have been using dbx for 16 years on all of my Tascam machines and I love it. Dbx seems to get critisized alot for masking the highs and for the breathng. I have plenty of highs and I do occaisionally hear the breathing only when there is a bass solo and you can hear the hiss riding along with the bass. I wonder if the people doing the critisizing are use to very high end machines that dont need noise reduction. I think it is great.
VP:cool:

The problems you cite are the results of poor internal calibration of either the tape machine and/or the dbx units, poor calibration somewhere along the console/dbx/machine/dbx chain, or simply printing too hot.

Back