DAW stereo mix out as mono

malgovert

Hi

I just bought the Model 12 and am using it as an audio interface with Cakewalk by Bandlab. Prior to that I was using a Focusrite Scarlett, which was fine. I have only one issue, and that is that my CbB stereo mixes are playing (Via the Model 12) through my monitors as mono. I have channels 1 & 2 on the Model 12 set to PC , and the pan knobs are centered, the panning having been set in the individual DAW tracks. Am I missing something obvious? Thanks.

If the pan knobs are centered, you will get mono. Set the channel 1 pan knob full left and channel 2 full right and you should get stereo.

Thanks Farview, I had tried that previously but to no avail. I noticed after I posted that the pan sliders in the DAW do not appear to be having any effect either. Having said that like it says in the Model 12 manual when I pan to center it does get 3db louder, but the sound doesn’t move when sliding left or right - it just stays in the center but gets 3db quieter.

There might be a setup problem in cakewalk or the model 12 software (if it has any). I am not familiar with either of these two things. But both the mixer and the daw have to have the pan controls set wide and not centered.

Apparently, there are Mono and Stereo channels.. which may not be readily apparent. There is also a button above the Master fader (SD Main Mix Return?) to select for stereo.

This thread with the Model 24 may have some helpful info on Mono and Stereo selection.

Anyone have knowledge on using a Tascam Model 24 with Cakewalk? - Cakewalk by BandLab - Cakewalk Discuss | The Official Cakewalk by BandLab Forum

This may also be of some help : https://www.tascam.eu/en/docs/Model12_DAW-Control_manual.pdf

Thanks for that. Makes sense that pan pots need to be set wide. Not tried SD Main Mix Return button yet, but somehow I fixed it. All the signals etc on both DAW & mixer were showing stereo - it just wasn't coming out of the speakers as stereo. Not really sure what I did to remedy this- but I think it was some kind of issue with the DAW output routing. Think I switched output settings and suddenly it was working, curiously not just for DAW output, but for wav files and other software applications, all of which had been playing as mono before. Which is all good but a bit of a drag- because if it happens again I won't have the faintest idea what to do!?

Back