Can I sync my 488 Mk II to another analogue recorder?

Fireside

I use the 488 but I need more tracks and editing capabilities. I tried the VS 1680 but for some reason didn't like my guitar sound recorded digitally. So... In order to just get a few more tracks, is it possible to link my 488 to another 4 or 8 track analogue machine?

I believe it is possible: I checked on the very same thing a few years back. I own 2 488s and wanted to sync them together. I don't remember the name of the unit that did this, but I do remember that you'll have to sacrifice one track from each machine in order to sync them up. In the end you'll only have 14 tracks. The other kicker was the price on this little device: it was close to $500-600. This may be in correct but you might also have to get a sync-box. They're not that expensive (I payed $150). I think it was from MIDIMAN. I use it to sync up a midi track to keys and other miscellaneous MIDI gear. Good luck!

You know I owned one of these once,Inever took the time to learn how to use it.I think it's called a MTS 100.I know you can sync up a 238 and a TSR8,Check to see if a 488 qualifiys.I see them on ebay for around 200.00 from time to time. I paid 210.0 with shipping

Back