Bouncing

TECHNINOT

Hello!

I'm just getting acquainted with my wonderful TASCAM DP-24.
In order to have a nice fat 2-track mix to send to iTunes, can I "bounce" my master file onto a stereo track
then send that by usb to my MacBook Air? So far I've found the signal to be very weak at the other end. Details?

Thank you whoever you may be for responding to this beginner's question.

Last edited:
Your "master" track is already a stereo track..........assuming you recorded the mixdown......and then created / recorded a master track. (see manual) If you recorded at proper levels and compressed or at least normalized the master.........your volume should not be very weak. What do you mean when you say the "signal" is very weak at the other end"??? You can export your master using the USB connection to your PC. The file will be found in the "MUSIC" file and the master is the most recently created wav file with the song name on it. Just copy it to wherever you need it. The DP24 is not terribly complicated..........but you should maybe get a bit more familiar with the manual. Have fun and good luck!

Thanks Mickster. It seemed to me that I did everything you have mentioned, however, when listening to the wav version of the song on iTunes,
well, it just had no volume to speak of. I am also a songwriter and one of my working methods is to listen to my work on my iPhone while walking around town, you know, just to see where I'm at with the song. I record pretty hot as a rule. Maybe I haven't understood how best to use the compression in the mastering process. I'll have a closer look/listen to all that, the normalization as well. In any case, thanks for responding to my query. This is like suddenly having a new family. I love it!

The compression in the mastering section of the DP24 works like any single or multiband compression would. You would apply it before normalization. Try to spend some time here (and other places on the web) learning how compression can best work for you. Many of us use a limiter along with a comp (and about a million other methods) to bring up the volume. The comp on the DP24.......if used right........can be very transparent and still add volume to your final wav. Have fun and good luck.

I think it was Joni Mitchell who said, "... life is for learning..."
So, here I go! Thanks again, Mickster.

Back