Bleed over from metronome

AmeliaB

I found an old post from another user who had the same problem as me, but it wasn't solved. Here it is:
When I record using the metronome it bleeds over on to the other tracks, and it is there, way in the background, during playback even though I have the metronome turned off.. It is not likely from my headphones because I used my guitar plugged directly into the machine. I can't seem to correct this problem, and once the metronome is bled over, I can't remove it.

Anyone found a solution to this problem?

I'm getting that while you're recording your guitar you are monitoring with headphones.

Does your guitar have single coil pickups? When you're recording it, how are you routing the headphone cable? Is it flipped over your shoulder and behind your back, or is it hanging straight down in front either behind the guitar body or in front?

Some suggestions are that if the headphone cable is down your front, either behind or in front of your guitar while recording, there may be a signal transmitted via induction from the cable to a single coil pickup - under some circumstances. This could be recorded with your guitar.

It's a wild ass guess ... :)

Weird. What kind of guitar, and how loud do you have the click in your (closed back?) monitor phones when you record?

Have you tried just recording the same setup, but don't play at all, and fool with the recording gain on the interface, volume controls on the guitar, pickup selection, headphone volume, cable location (as [MENTION=174503]spantini[/MENTION] suggests), and anything else you can think of to isolate where/when the sound is entering? Having a mic set up recording another track while you do this, so you can say what you are trying before each test can make it a little easier (IME) to listen back and identify what makes it worse/better.

Let us know what you figure out!

Back