Any PS5 refugees lurking?

They set up their own group through Yahoo.

I don't have a link handy right now but, I should have it buried in an old e-mail from "Havin'Fun", a prominent member from the old site. I'll take a peak for that soon.

I tried to coax them over to here but they seemed to prefer their own little world where they wouldn't be scoffed at for recording at 64kbs in mp3 format.

I miss those guys.:(

Cheers! :)

TASCAM pulling the plug on their bbs had nothing to do with the PS5 forum.

From what I remember of it, they had a tight group of friends there that did a lot of collaborations and generally had a lot of fun and comradery.

There was the odd troll there with a name oddly similar to yours, which makes me wonder why you would have any legitimate reason to look for these past members unless to renew some old battles.

Is this your intension?

If so, I feel bad for having given you the links.

I'd have to say that the PS5 had quite a bit to due with the Tascam forum's demise, what with the product manager pulling a Howard Dean and going on a rant about how glad he was that some owners felt screwed after not reading the fine print, and even advocating physical violence at one point! (No wonder he got canned from Tascam AND Line 6)

And don't worry about passing on those links - I'm on those boards, but was hoping to hook up with the small group of free thinkers who were banished by Mike.

There's a thriving community of hackers that provide enhancements for Zoom recorders, and the PS5 could use some button-saving utilities of it's own (not to mention an audio import/export capability).

As you've mentioned, the PS5 is a toy as a recorder, but is very handy for working solo acts and duos. Too bad a small band of guys who get off on posting copyrighted material to Soundclick overshadow the potential of this box.

Back