Another dumb question

James M

With regaurd to the Tascam 22-4 , can anyone tell me (cause I cant find a manual anywhere) if you can bounce down internaly or do you have to run the tracks out to a mixer and back to the target track? Also how many times can you record over 1/4" tape before it starts to fail? Thanks!

James M said:
With regaurd to the Tascam 22-4 , can anyone tell me (cause I cant find a manual anywhere) if you can bounce down internaly or do you have to run the tracks out to a mixer and back to the target track? Also how many times can you record over 1/4" tape before it starts to fail? Thanks!
Yes, you will need an external mixer to do a bounce and a separate two track recorder in the format of your choice to do finalized, stereo masters.

Only Portastudio type devices have internal built in mixers for doing bounces and other production jobs such as initial tracking, overdubbing and mix downs.

As for how many times a tape can be played or recorded over, that number can vary widely depending on the quality of the tape's design and the fitness of the deck that's running with it. Under optimum conditions, that number can run into the thousands.

Cheers! :)

Back