Alesis sr16 and Tascam 464 hookup?

Angelo Catani

Hi everyone,

I need help hooking up my alesis sr16 to my Tascam 464 in order to record drums direct to tape. I would like to think Ive tried everything to make it work but for some reason I am unable to have any success. Does anyone have any suggestions? Im new to this whole recording thing, sorry! I hook up my guitar through the Pod into the 464 and I can hear myself through the 464 with no problem. Not true of the sr16. Ive even tried to run the sr16 through my Mackie and then to the 464. Still no go. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for any type of info that might come my way. : )

Angelo

Alesis SR-16

OK....I use a SR-16 into my 424MKIII every day...here's some things to check.

1. Have you hooked the SR-16 up to another amp to see if it works?

2. Check the out puts on the back...as you look at the back panel of the machine they are on the far left, marked "Main Left" & "Main Right" (1/4 inch phone jacks) I use 1/4 inch to RCA adapters on these and go to the 424 MKIII in stereo with them.

3. Check the input trim on your 424 channels. They should be at 12 o:clock.

4. Check the big black rotary volume knob on the SR-16. It doesn't need to be ALL THE WAY UP! Just turn it clockwise to about 11 o:clock.

5. If the SR-16 is working you will get a bigtime signal from it on your led's.

6. If you're going into channel 7 & 8 with the SR-16 you will get a very weak (almost inaudable) signal. Try channel one thru six for it.

This is what works for me...I hope it helps! :) Revmuddy

SR16/464 hookup

Thanks for the reply! Yes unfortunately the dial is all the way clockwise. When I read your reply I double checked just to make sure. I wish that had been the problem but I think the problem is me! :D Any other suggestions? Thanks again for your help.

SR16/464 hookup

Hey Revmuddy!

I just saw your post and Im thinking the 1/4 inch to RCA will be the solution to my problem! Too cool! Thanks! Also thanks for the tip on using channels 1-6. I had no idea using 7 & 8 would cause low level signal. Take it easy Revmuddy! :) and thanks again for the help.

Angelo

sr 16

if the sr-16 works on a different application, then something is wrong with the wiring.

one thing not mentioned yet, you use output 1 & 2. you can not use 3/4 outputs (well, you can, but most of the default drum sets dont have anything programmed out there. )

hope that cures the prob

sr-16 hookup with 424

Thanks Radiorickm, I hope this helps as well but Im thinking I have a broken unit. It turns on but I cant get it to work on anything, not even on my stereo that it used to work on. Its about 8 yrs old I think. It may be time to get a new one. Thanks for the help again! :)

Back