424mkiii no sound.

Shanecombs1993

When I play tapes the screen visually displays audio levels but no sound comes out of the headphone jack or rca monitor output. . Also, when I plug in a mic or 1/4 inch cable no sound levels register on the screen, only when playing back tapes Do I see the levels. when I plug rca to line out, that does give me sound. I may see a crack in the Mixer circuit board so if anyone can look at these photos and tell me if thats the problem? I know nothing about circuit boards. Ive used a 414 for 8 years and this specific 424 for over 2 years so I know how to work the machine but i know nothing about the inside or what to look for.

Dropbox - Friday, Mar 27

These are built to a certain price level and so do not have real hard mounted RCA and 1/4" jack on them. The PCB interface breaks all the time and so they need to be resoldered correctly. I just did a 488 the other day that had failing right channel out. It had a lot of problems but most of it is working now. Those pictures indicate a lot of damage and in the right hand might be repairable but why do people treat equipment like this?

Back