414 MkII--carrying case/bag recommendations?

analog_freak

I'm a die hard 424 MkII and MkIII user, and just got my first 414 MkII. I'm quite impressed by the machine, especially the quality I am getting from such a small package. Thus, I am thinking that it will be a great tool for carrying with me to record rehearsals and other live performances.

Can anyone recommend a carrying bag or case that the 414 MkII fits nicely into? I am tempted to try the the Gator 15X15 mixer bag which I see on several mail order sites, but it might be cutting it close in terms of size. I have no way of trying one out ahead of time.

Thanks a bunch.

Michael
http://www.myspace.com/ambientjazzduo

I bought hardsided suitcase from the thrift store - probably paid 3 or 4 bucks for it. I bought some foam from the craft store - probably paid 5 or 6 bucks for it. I cut it perfectly to fit my 424mkii. I could drop the thing off a skyscraper and it would probably survive.

I actually made a very similar case for my external hardrive from a suitcase-style cassette case. I like having my electronics in foam when they are bouncing around in the car.

When I was using the tascam 4 tracks, I would stuff them in a bookbag. It protected it fine.

Besides, you can score another 414 for $50. I wouldn't really think too hard about this one.

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. I found out that the Gator 1515 mixer gig bag is supposed to work for the 414 (per Gator's chart listing each item this gig bag holds). Between that and a regular backpack, I think there ought to be plenty of room for the recorder plus a digital delay pedal, small preamp, reverb pedal, 2 mics + cables, and even a drum machine if need be. I'll find out for sure tomorrow, when the Gator bag is scheduled to arrive at my door. Portable remote analogue recording indeed seems quite plausible :D

Cheers,
Michael

Back