2488 NEO and TC helicon voiceworks plus

wings012345

Anyone use these two together? I'm trying to connect the TC into the NEO's Eff send so I can use and add effects to a track that way. Right now the only way i can get it to work is to Plug a mic directly into the TC helicon and then connect the output to an input channel of the NEO track im recording. The back of the TC has two unbalanced outputs L and R. and one input. The NEO has Eff Send 1 and 2. No return. I cant figure out the cabling. Is it possible?

I use it and it's pretty simple. There are 2 ways, the first one you already got it, using it as a pre amp effect direct to input. I use the TC digital output to Neo.

The other way is to use it as external effect. You connect the Neo sends to TC inputs as you can do with any effect processor, the only difference is that each TC input has a different function, as you know, working as 2 mono inputs, one stereo out. This way you have each TC channel working separately (this is the TC architecture). You need a adapter to connect Neo to the TC MIC input. Keep connected the TC output (analog or digital) to Neo in. That's it. Then you can send any track to any TC channel. TC Main channel can be used as vocal effect and AUX Channel can be used as a guitar effect or what ever. This is a excellent way to try and add TC additional voices.

I use a little complex architecture. I use 2 digital mixers (Event EZBus and Roland M-1000). The Neo sends goes to the EZBus, EZBus Send goes to TC digital in and the TC digital output goes to M-1000, M-1000 digital out to Neo digital in. This way I can choose how to use TC just setting the sends on the EZBus. By the way, almost all digital. Just the Neo sends are analogs. All my analogs are connected to EZbus that send digital to M-1000 and then Neo. All my digitals goes to M-1000 (keyboards,effects).

It is a home studio I use one but one method to record on Neo and this way works perfect to me and I never have to connect anything on my studio, I just route the things using sends on the mixers and Neo. EZBus is (was) a excelent mixer and analog/digital router (includes A-DAT), a lot of inputs and a lot of outputs.

Adding: I also have a Boss SE-70 (analog) connected on EZBus (send and returns). So I can chose where I going to send Neo on EZBus, Voiceworks or SE-70 just patching it on EZBus. And, My Mic is connected straight to analog TC preamp, I select analog for MIC and digital as external processor on TC panel.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. This has always been confusing for me. So to use it as external effects , on The NEO effect send 1.. use a 1/4 cable to the Mic Input (with a 1/4 to XLR adapter) on the TC? Output left or right on the TC to a input channel such a channel 1?

Yes, this is the basic or straight setup. I recommend to connect both TC output (stereo) to 2 inputs on Neo (stereo tracks) this way you will use all Voiceworks power. Once it works, try to use the digital out to Neo digital in :)

Don't forget to turn up the gain on the "EFF Send 1" or "Eff Send 2" menu -- whichever EFF Send output you're using on the Neo. (Sorry ... I forgot to do that the first time I employed outboard FX on my Neo, and I was pulling my hair out for about three hours until I discovered the error.)

Back